Last Updated on July 28, 2023 by Sidharth PS
Do you want to pursue architecture programs like B.Arch. or M.Arch.? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I’ve listed down some of the best architecture colleges in Haryana, India. Both students and parents may use this guide as reference material.
Government and private – I’ve covered both types of colleges in this post. Here, you will find the names of popular architecture colleges in Haryana. Apart from the names of colleges, you will also find additional information such as – list of popular architecture courses, their duration, their eligibility criteria, scope, career prospects and admission process.
Everything that an architecture aspirant needs to know – I’ve covered it all in this post! Colleges, courses, admission and career prospects – you will find all these details in this post. You may also check – list of science courses and diploma courses.
Architecture is a well rewarding profession. If you are creative at heart, you may try your luck in this domain! In order to thrive in this sector, one would need the following traits – creativity, technical knowledge, project management skills, finance management etc.
Come, let us check out the list of colleges now. Here it is –
List of architecture colleges in Haryana 2022
Here are some of the popular architecture colleges in Haryana –
- State Institute of Urban Planning and Architecture, Rohtak, Haryana
- Amity University, Gurgaon, Haryana
- OP Jindal Global University, Sonepat, Haryana
- GD Goenka University, Gurgaon, Haryana
- RP Indraprastha Institute of Technology, Karnal, Haryana
- ICL Institute of Architecture and Town Planning, Ambala, Haryana
- DCRUST, Sonepat, Haryana
- Lingaya’s University, Faridabad, Haryana
- MMU, Ambala, Haryana
- PM College of Engineering, Sonepat, Haryana
- Ganga Institute of Architecture and Town Planning, Jhajjar, Haryana
- Jagannath University, Bahadurgarh, Haryana
- KR Mangalam University, Gurgaon, Haryana
- OM Institute of Technology and Management, Hisar, Haryana
- Savera College of Architecture and Planning, Gurgaon, Haryana
- Sushant School of Art and Architecture, Ansal University, Gurgaon, Haryana
- Al-Falah University, Faridabad, Haryana
- Sat Priya School of Architecture and Design, Rohtak, Haryana
- Budha College of Architecture, Karnal, Haryana
- World University of Design, Sonepat, Haryana
- PDM University, Bahadurgarh, Haryana
- Gateway Education, Sonepat, Haryana
- Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies, Faridabad, Haryana
The above list consists of both private and Government colleges. Come, let us find out more about the different types of architecture colleges. Here is everything you need to know about it –
Types of architecture colleges in Haryana
Architecture colleges in Haryana can be broadly classified into two types –
- Government architecture colleges
- Private architecture colleges
Classification of colleges has been carried out on the basis of the type of entity that owns the college. For example – Government colleges are managed and funded by the State or Central Government. Private colleges are owned and managed by private charitable trusts and organizations. These colleges are also known as self-financing colleges.
Reputed institutes rely on merit based admission process. If you want to get into a reputed private institute or Government college, you must crack relevant entrance exam. These exams are conducted at State, College and National levels.
Under merit based admission process, seats are distributed among deserving candidates on the basis of their performance in relevant entrance exam. Some colleges are also known to conduct donation based and direct admission process.
Popular architecture programs
Here are some of the popular architecture programs available in Haryana – Diploma in Architectural Assistantship, B.Arch., M.Arch., PG Diploma programs, PhD programs etc.
Based on the academic level, these programs can be classified into the following types – UG, PG and Doctoral Degree. Based on the format of the course, these courses can be classified into the following types – Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree and Doctoral Degree.
Career prospects and scope
Architects have access to different types of job profiles and opportunities. They have access to Government jobs, private sector jobs and self-employment opportunities. Architects are usually able to find work at the following places – architecture agencies/firms/consultancies, construction firms, real estate firms, interior design firms etc. They are also hired by relevant Government agencies (urban planning, housing boards, municipal corporations etc).
Let us talk about self-employment now. Under this path, architects may choose to start their own architecture agency/firm/consultancy.
I am Vishnu Nambiar a career and educational blogger from India. I am also a full time educational consultant having more than 12 years of experience in the educational sector.
I share articles related to courses, colleges, careers, exam tips and more here.